Friday, November 14, 2008

Beautiful Bali

Today is the last day of my Bali Yoga retreat with Annie Carpenter. This week has been a great experience for me. It has been challenging, physically. I have been doing yoga 2-3 times a week for 2 years and here in Bali I have been doing yoga 2 times a day. Many students have practiced yoga with Annie for many years and are very "bendie". My first day I commented that I was amazed that everyone could do head stand...they laughed...now I know why. Feet behind head is common and balancing on arms while legs go sideways looks easy. I just show up and do my own practice. I love the deepening of my practice just by being present.

We are staying at the beautiful Kamandalu Resort. My Garden Villa has a outdoor sleeping platform... great for meditation and journaling. Yesterday we traveled to The Royal Pita Maha, a fabulous resort owned by Ubud's Royal family. It is a stunning property built into the jungle. Our yoga spot was at the bottom of deep canyon next to a river and a beautiful lagoon for swimming. Many river rafters screamed by while we quietly practiced. After yoga we were treated to a beautiful lunch of organic greens and avocado salad, a local fresh fish, fresh papaya juice or any fruit juice you can think of. It rains most everyday in Bali and yesterday it poured! Nine of us swam and played in the pools until the rain stopped then found a great local spa. Everyone indulged in multiple treatments. I had reflexology while having a facial then manicure, pedicure and shoulder massage for less than $30 total! Ahhhhh!

No comments: